If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you may use Pure Payments only with the involvement of your parent or guardian. Make sure you review these Terms with your parent or guardian so that you both understand all of your rights and responsibilities.
We have provided some section headers for your convenience, but you should carefully read through these Community Payments Terms (the “Terms”) in order to understand your rights and responsibilities, as well as ours.
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Statement,” “Terms,” or “SRR”) derives from the Pure Principles and is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Pure, as well as Pure brands, products and services, which we call the Pure Services. By using or accessing the Pure Services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 13 below.
- We process your data to render our services to you, including the display of personalised content and advertisements (‘behavioural advertising’); for verification, research and analytic purposes in order to maintain, secure and improve our services; to ensure the technical performance of our network; to protect the rights or property of the Offerer or Users; and to develop new services. In some cases we may process your data on behalf or in accordance with the instructions of third parties, such as our advertising partners. We will seek to obtain your prior permission if we wish to use your data for purposes other than those outlined above.
- We process the following data:
- Account details: when you create an Account, we request you to provide personal data for the Account such as your name, email address, date of birth and a password. We store your data on secure servers;
We also use so-called third-party cookies in our services to help you to get the best possible experience with Pure.
We are required by law to seek your permission to store non-functional cookies. You may refuse this permission. This, however, may influence your user experience. You can also manually turn off cookies. While most browsers are set to initially accept cookies, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to alert you when a cookie is being sent;
- Log data: when you open the Website our servers will automatically store the data your browser sends when you visit a website. These server log files may contain data such as your web request, IP address, browser type, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies identifying your browser;
- User request: we may store emails or other messages you send to us in order to process your questions, reply to your requests and improve our services;
- We may process (or arrange for third parties to process) your personal data on servers located in the Netherlands.
- We will only share personal data with third parties:
- If we have obtained your explicit permission to do so. We in any case require your permission for sharing sensitive personal data.
- If, to the best of our knowledge, we believe that making such data accessible and processing, using, storing or publishing such data is reasonably required to (a) comply with applicable laws and regulations, court proceedings or an enforceable request from an official authority, (b) implement the applicable terms and conditions, including reviewing any non-compliance therewith, (c) trace, prevent or otherwise handle fraud, technical or security issues, or (d) to protect the rights, property or security of the Offerer, its Users and the general public from impending threats insofar as permitted or required by law.
- We take appropriate steps to protect against unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment, publication or destruction of data. This includes internal checks of our policy and security measures relating to the collection, storage and processing of data as well as physical security measures such as protection against unauthorised access of systems we store personal data on.
- We restrict access to personal data to those employees, contractors and agents of the Offerer who require this data to manage, develop or improve our services. Our employees and any third parties we involve are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data.
- If you use the Service we will use our best endeavours to provide access to your personal data to you and to amend any incorrect data, or to remove such data at your request provided storing such data is not otherwise required according to applicable legislation or legal business purposes. We request Users to identify themselves and the requested data that should be made accessible, amended or removed before such requests will be processed and we may refuse to process such requests for reasons of our own, a.o. if such requests are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require excessive technical efforts, endanger the privacy of third parties, or are virtually impracticable (e.g. requests relating to data stored on backup tapes) or for which access is usually not required. In all cases where we enable access and amendment of data, we will render this service free of charge or at a market rate, at our discretion.